- The Non Sea Quitter is a DRUG-FREE vessel and the Captain is subject to random drug testing. No illegal substances will be tolerated. Smoking is not permitted. If anyone is found possessing or using controlled substances (other than legal prescription medications), the Captain will immediately terminate the charter and return to shore without recompense.
- We depart and return to Slip C-47 at West River Yacht Harbour in Galesville unless special arrangements have been made.
- Guests are asked to arrive fifteen minutes prior to departure time.
- Please wear soft soled shoes such as sneakers or boat shoes. Barefoot, heels, “flip-flops” or leather soles are seriously discouraged.
- A hat, scarf, non-greasy sunscreen (no sprays please) and light jacket are recommended.
- All children under 13 must wear a Coast-Guard Approved Personal Flotation Device (PFD). We provide the required commercial, highest grade Type 1 PFD’s for everyone. Guests are encouraged to bring their own Coast Guard Approved PFD’s for children and put them on them before walking down the dock. Toddlers and infants must be approved before reserving a trip.
- All trips include a brief safety/pfd demonstration before sailing.
- Any guest that is not a good swimmer is requested to inform captain and is strongly encouraged to wear a PFD during the cruise.
- Please bring snacks and drinks, but no bottles, sharp knives, or solid coolers!
- Personal items may be stowed in the cabin but we cannot be responsible for keeping them secure.
- Guests are welcomed to supply their own drinks and snacks but are cautioned that the effects of alcohol are heightened by sun, heat and motion.
- Management has the right to cancel or reschedule any cruise due to weather, mechanical or other issue at its own discretion. In such cases, a “raincheck” will be provided for another date. It is always best to call and confirm prior to charter if weather is a concern.
- Rates and schedule are subject to change without notice and may vary due to weather, special events, group charters or by special request.
- Reservations are recommended. Private charters are available. Please—always call us with any questions at (443) 852-2163 or write to email@example.com.
After you are helped aboard, stow your personal items and listen to a brief safety overview, we’ll motor out to open water and quickly raise the sails. You can relax while sun-tanning, gazing at the scenery or just enjoying the peaceful silence..
We will cruise around the beautiful West and Rhode River and possibly into the open Bay. On the nearby Rhode River we’ll be surrounded by the protected shoreline of the Smithsonian Environmental Research Center. On longer private charters we may cruise by marinas and waterfront homes or a historic lighthouse. On Wednesday nights we can watch the yacht races.
Anytime is great, but it is less crowded on weekdays and our rates are lower.
Keep it simple! We have a refrigerator and hot and cold water. Catering services and box lunches may be arranged. We ask that you try not to bring aboard large solid coolers or bottles.
We sail in perfect conditions at no extra charge —and even if it is not in perfect conditions— but we do not sail in dangerous conditions. Please bring a light jacket or hat in case of rain. Severe weather requiring a cancellation is very rare and we’ll usually have plenty of notice. In such cases, I offer a “rain check” for another date
It is extremely rare that anyone will get seasick on our cruises. Those who believe they are prone to seasickness may wish to use an over-the-counter medication, or any herbal or other preventive or remedy but please inform the captain if you do not feel well. We cannot dispense any medications but do have a first aid kit aboard.
We call it “the head”and it’s clean and easy to use but the old rule is “Don’t put anything in the head unless you ate or drank it first —along with small amounts of toilet paper.” That means NO feminine sanitary products, paper towels or trash. There is also hot and cold running water. Guests will be escorted to use the nearby shoreside facilities before sailing.
“Non Sea-Quitter” is well-equipped and meets or exceeds Coast Guard requirements for uninspected passenger vessels. She has all required flotation devices, extra bilge pumps and fire extinguishers, radiotelephone, first-aid kit and is always operated by a Coast Guard licensed captain. You are always responsible to behave prudently, walk carefully, use handholds and let the captain know if you have any concerns or special needs.
When the mate is aboard, he or she will help you board and step off the boat, assist the captain, handle the sails and the lines. He or she will be happy to show you how to use the “head”, where to stow personal items and to help you enjoy your trip. Please note: the mate always works for tips and it is customary to tip the captain as well.
Guests may often help to steer the boat and raise sails but we want you to sit back and relax. Many children enjoy having their photo taken at the wheel with the captain. When we leave and return to the dock we ask that all guests stay seated in the cockpit and keep hands and feet inside the boat until instructed by the captain or mate. Please let us know if you are an experienced sailor. Please understand that we only offer limited instruction during our pleasure cruises. Please inquire about sail and seamanship training for individuals and private groups.
Our insurance does not allow for swimming and we do not offer fishing trips—but we invite you to enjoy fresh seafood at nearby Thursdays and Pirates Cove.
Travel Or Stay Aboard The Non Sea-Quitter
Captain Paul has been taking guests sailing on the Chesapeake Bay since 1979.
Non Sea-Quitter has been operating for three terrific seasons for tours and overnight stays. Check the links below to learn more each experience:
Chesapeake Bay Region, East Coast, Annapolis, St. Michaels, Kent Island, Baltimore, Oxford, Galesville, Edgewater, Deale, Herring Bay, Severn River, Magothy River, West River, Rhode River, Miles River, Chester River, South River, Choptank River, Tilghman Island, Rock Hall, and many more.
Counties We Serve:
Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Kent, Queen Anne's, Talbot, Dorchester, Calvert, St. Mary's, Cecil, Hartford, and many more.